Emerging Professionals Events at SPNHC 2016 in Berlin & T-shirts!
In preparation for the upcoming SPNHC Annual Meeting in Berlin, Germany (June 19-25), here is a summary of the events planned and hosted by the Emerging Professionals Committee:
- Shirts in various styles and colors are available to order online until June 24 at https://teespring.com/spnhc-apparel.
- The design for the t-shirt is the winning design from last year’s t-shirt competition by Erica Krimmel.
Emerging Professionals Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, June 21, 11:30 am-12:30 pm in Amethyst 1
- This meeting is open to anyone who would like to participate actively in the Emerging Professionals Committee. Please plan to attend this meeting if you are a liaison to another committee or if you would like to become a liaison. We are also seeking an international member who would be interested in becoming a co-chair in the committee.
Emerging Professionals Luncheon/Q&A Session
- Wednesday, June 22, 12:10 pm-1:20 pm in Bernstein
- Q&A with Andy Bentley, Gil Nelson, Linda Ford, Anna Monfils, and Gabriela Houge.
- Please sign up if you would like to attend as space is limited. Email Kari Harris (email@example.com) to sign up. If there are still spaces available you will also be able to sign up for the luncheon at the registration desk.
- All SPNHC members are welcome to attend, even if you don’t feel that you are “emerging.” However, I do ask that you give EPs a couple of days to sign up first so there is plenty of room for them. Last year’s luncheon was a great success with a mixture of EPs and established professionals.
- Thanks to our sponsors, there is no cost for this year’s luncheon. The sponsors are All Packaging Company, Inc., Hollinger Metal Edge, Inc., and iDigBio.
Summer Quarterly Meeting
- We are planning to host an online committee meeting in July to re-cap the year and bring those who aren’t able to attend SPNHC 2016 up to speed. This is one of the points we will discuss in the committee meeting.
- If you are interested in attending the Summer Quarterly EPC Meeting, please check back after June 22 for more information.
Stay up-to-date with the SPNHC EPG at the conference! Follow us on Twitter (@spnhcepg) and on Facebook. I look forward to seeing many of you in Berlin! If you have any questions about the EPG events or if you are looking for other EPs at the meeting, send me an email! My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.